These are the testing procedures drawn up for PulseNet, rev1. It will
be largely the same for rev2.
- Smoke Test.
- Check Ring Oscillator. It should be ~1.6MHz
- Program Astronomy unit and have it echo back. This will
verify that the flip-flops and one of the I/O ports are working
- Start slowly clocking the module. Check the power meter for
- Test samplers through the astronomy port. Send them square
waves of variable amplitude and verify functionality. Make sure
that the astronomy module counts properly, too.
- Test the coincidence logic by feeding a matched pair the same
large negative pulse.
- Check the sensitivity of the samplers by decreasing the
amplitude of the input pulses (perhaps through the astronomy port).
- Check for cross-talk between physically adjacent pins. This
shouldn't be a problem.
- Test Pulsenet with real photomultiplier tube outputs.
- Check for noise rejection from hot event waveforms.
Last updated: 11/19/2004
Back to main page